Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Saunders-Monticello Trail in Charlottesville: NO DOGS ALLOWED

Since I'm home recovering from my little trip to the SPCA, I thought I would write about this past weekend....

Steve, Erin and I made the trek out to Charlottesville to go hiking on the Saunders-Monticello Trail. I was REALLY excited to see Thomas Jefferson's home and get out some energy on the 4-mile trail.

We started on the hike... there was so much to see and smell! I saw a lake, a wooden amphitheater, an overlook (shown on the left), and tons of mud and melting snow.

Here's some photos from the adventure:












Although I saw some great sites on my short hike.... the Saunders-Monticello Trail only allows dogs for about a half of a mile of the 2-mile hike (one way). Next time I will check the google for a trail that likes dogs.

If you want more information on the Saunders-Monticello Trail (because you are dogless and you want to hike)... you should visit: http://www.monticello.org/parkway/trail.html

If you choose to go hiking on the trail for a short walk with your dog.... remember to bring something for your dog to sit on in the car for the trip home or they will have to be trapped on the floor because they are covered in mud...no fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment